The Tanker re-bid RFP is out and the GAO issues addressed but now the wankers Dicks, Murray and Tiahrt are saying - "Today the Department of Defense (DoD) took the next step and released the new draft Request for Proposal (RFP). After talking with senior officials at the Department of Defense and reviewing some of the changes made to the draft RFP, I continue to have strong reservations about the RFP. So they wrote the Boeing Bill to try and legislation a Boeings win.
The just give the contract to Boeing Bill!
The wankers legislation to hand the contract to Boeing with the Boeing Bill written by the Boeing paid political pack would:
• Require the Pentagon to seek a medium-sized tanker like the one Boeing offered. Why - The 767 is the only thing Boeing could possibly build, their bill calls for a Boeing win reguardless of any competition.
• Prohibit extra credit for a larger tanker like the one offered by Northrop Grumman and the European Aeronautic Defense and Space Co. Why – Boeing can’t compete or exceed the mission with a 767.
• Require that a new tanker be capable of refueling all of the planes currently flown by the Air Force, a requirement the Northrop-EADS tanker was unable to meet but was dismissed by the Air Force in the earlier competition. Why – They don’t even have a 767 tanker and fueling obsolete aircraft would give Boeing an advantage since they can't refuel anyting, why not say they can do everything! - ask them what current aircraft!
• Require the Pentagon to consider the cost of operating the new tankers over a 40-year life cycle, rather than a 25-year life cycle. That could favor the Boeing plane, which according to one analysis would use $35 billion less fuel over 40 years. Why – They can’t win on 25 years they need 40 years to just try and keep even.
What’s missing from the wankers bill and all their sound bytes these past months.
- American jobs
- Outsourcing American defense
and why, their bull shit doesn't fly!